Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Back from under China's Iron Curtain

Sorry, it has been a few weeks since my last post. I had the neat opportunity to travel to Shanghai & Suzhou China for work and China's government must not like Blogspot, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook because these websites were all blocked. I could have used a VPN to get to those sites, but I thought it would be more fun to take in the local scenery vs sit at my computer.

Shanghai is a typical busy city with a ton of people. Some parts were reminiscent of New York's Times Square with huge displays and flashing lights. The water front in Shanghai was just beautiful at night.
Suzhou is the Garden City full of neatly trimmed trees and bushes and many canals. Suzhou is where my companies factory is. It is also home to Fairchild Semiconductor, Renesas, Panasonic, Samsung, Flextronix and many more.... it is like a Chinese Silicon Valley.
I even got to try a lot of the local food..... Chicken feet anyone!

2 comments:

  1. That's not chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lucky man!! I'm so envy seeing you in there walking around the cit and having a perfect day, I'd like to get a trip like that because I've been so busy the last years.

    ReplyDelete